Re: Memory card for Victor Reacer Stream.

Laz

When this subject came up on the Blind-BST list almost two years ago
it was very eye-opening as that was when I found out that the internal
memory on the Victor Stream was just a microSD card and nothing fancy
at all as I expected. From what I understand it isn't difficult to do
but one does have to be careful. And BTW one just doesn't just slap
any microSD card in there as the card has to be prepared properly for
it to work. My friend tried it on his older 2nd gen Stream without
getting the microSD card from Konrad and it didn't work. Turns out the
copy has to be done in a special way for it to work. He ended up
getting his 32GB microSD card from Konrad and putting it in himself
for a total of $35.

Like I said elsewhere there were questions as to the legality of
copying the copyrighted contents of the original microSD card or
something similar.

Laz

On 4/19/18, Lynn White <lynnwhite360@radioforlife.info> wrote:
The Blirb that I read seems to indicate that they replace the internal
memory. They were saying something about sending the Stream to them to
update. But then, they mentioned how easy it is to replace the card
like replacing the sim card on your phone.

On 4/19/2018 12:45 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Hmm, unless the memory card used by the Stream is extra special, and is
manufactured by a secret company whose name won't ever be revealed to the
public, me thinks you can grab memory cards from just about anywhere and
you'd be good to go. I have bought memory cards from WalMart, Amazon,
Sam's
Club, New Egg, Microcenter, Bestbuy and several other places and have
never
had any problems using them in any of my gadgets including, yes, you
guessed
it--the Plextalk Pocket and the BrailleSensePlus about the only ancient
adaptive tech products I still torture in my chambers.

Heck, if the NLS Player can accept SD cards, I will be using the cards
obtained from the sources mentioned here in it. I don't get any of its
cartridges anymore, I just download BARD books to my computer and copy
the
books to any USB flash drive and I listen to the books on my NLS player
with
no problems or issues. As a matter of fact, I may soon return the NLS
player back to my talking book library because the BARD app on my Shiny
Android toys works just fine. I've been keeping the player as a back up,
but with my days of interaction with Windows computer diminishing fast, I
won't need the NLS player for much longer.

All that aside, feel free to purchase your memory cards from Blind Mice;
it's a reputable company; I haven't done any business with it in part
because I haven't found anything that I desperately need sold solely by
the
company.

Sincerely,
Olusegun