Re: Accessible File Explorer Alternative

Joe Orozco

Hi Steve,

Going back to Windows 7, I’ve often gotten property errors when
attempting to copy internal files to external or remote server
sources. I’m not sure I would have even minded these errors, except it
takes a while for the errors to pop up. After I tell the application
to ignore the property issues and apply the rule to all related files,
the transfer process tends to speed up, but when uploading files to a
server, the process is still laborious. Granted, that is not so much a
fault of File Explorer and more an issue of bandwidth, but in general,
I have found the application far more clunky in Windows 10 than I even
did in Windows 7. It feels unnecessarily slow, so I really appreciate
Ann providing me a copy of FileDir. I can’t wait to give it a shot
when I get home later.

Joe

On 4/24/18, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:
Aside from how it looks, I've heard people complain about File and
Windows Explorer since time immemorial and have always asked myself,
what's wrong with it. Now I have the opportunity to ask an actual user
who wants an alternative. OK, Joe, what is it about File Explorer that
you don't like? In what situations does it respond slowly? I've been
using Windows since version 1--yes, since it was invented--and I think
Explorer crashed two, maybe three times, so what errors have you
experienced while using  it?

OK, let's get down to it then. I found this article very informative and
might try some of these.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-windows-file-explorer-replacements/

On 4/23/2018 8:09 PM, Joe Orozco wrote:
Hello

I’m looking for an alternative to File Explorer. Ideally it will be a
bit faster and less prone to errors, but mostly, I would like for it
to be accessible with JAWS. I don’t mind paying for an alternative if
someone can show the application is a good one. Thank you in advance
for any help!

Joe