Re: Accessible File Explorer Alternative

Joe Orozco

For the moment I’m experimenting with the FileDir application Ann was
kind enough to share with me. It looks great, but I didn’t realize I
needed to first go to that application to make it work with my various
folders and files. Will this also be true of Xplorer? I guess I was
thinking I could click on the Dropbox icon and have the new
application automatically kick in, completely bypassing File Explorer.
I want the process of interacting with files to be more efficient, not
add another step, but if this is the logic behind File Explorer
alternatives, I’ll quit my whining and get used to the bigger
advantages. Thank you all so much for patiently answering my
questions.

Joe

On 4/25/18, Rick Alfaro <rick.alfaro@gmail.com> wrote:
Same here. In fact, I just upgraded to the latest 4.x release. This is the
Cadillac of file managers IMHO. Completely accessible with tons of
redefinable hotkeys and now with macros as well. I haven't really explored
the new macro feature but it sounds interesting. Totally accessible right
out of the box with JFW and I would imagine with NVDA as well as Narrator
although I haven't used the program with those screen readers as of yet.