From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Donald L. Roberts
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:55 PM
To: techtalk <main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Looking for a utility

Sorry for the vague subject line, but I didn’t know what else to call it.

I locate and collect old recordings found on the internet. A few are even acoustical recordings made before 1926. Sometimes, believe it or not, these things are recorded at 320 K stereo. That’s fine if they are high fidelity to begin with; but acoustical recordings? No way. So I want to change the bit rate and sampling rate on these things to save hard drive space. For this purpose, I use Pazera free audio extractor which works very well except for one problem. It will not delete the original file even though I have selected that option.  Instead, it creates another file with the identical name except that it inserts *.001 just prior to the period before the extention.

In the past, I would go into command mode (cmd) and use the old move command to move all files     containing *.001 using wild cards to a different directory, leaving only the originals in the original directory.

I can no longer do this on my desktop running Windows 10, Version 1709, regardless of which screen reader I use.  So I am writing to inquire whether there is a utility which works in Windows 10 which will allow me to move, delete, or rename files using wild cards.

I apologize for the lengthy explanation, but it frustrates me to pose a question or request only to get a response telling me that I didn’t provide sufficient information.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Don Roberts