Re: Looking for a utility

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Hi Donald,

Why don’t you use this method:

1. Deselect all files in the folder.
  2. Open the contest menu (Applications key or Shift + F10).
  3. Arrow down to “Sort by”, and press enter.
  4. You will see the attributes that you have showing for the files checked and at the top of the resulting list.
  5. Press the letter B until you find Bit rate, and check this box.
  6. Tab down until you find the OK button and press the space bar or enter.

This will show you the bit rate or BPS of each .MP3 file in the folder, and you can sort them by this.

Note: If you want to move the bit rate to another position in the metadata for the files, go back into the Sort by feature just as above, and highlight Bit rate. Tab once or twice to move up or move down to rearrange this item to the position that you want it in.

HTH,

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Donald L. Roberts
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:55 PM
To: techtalk <main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Looking for a utility

Sorry for the vague subject line, but I didn’t know what else to call it.

I locate and collect old recordings found on the internet. A few are even acoustical recordings made before 1926. Sometimes, believe it or not, these things are recorded at 320 K stereo. That’s fine if they are high fidelity to begin with; but acoustical recordings? No way. So I want to change the bit rate and sampling rate on these things to save hard drive space. For this purpose, I use Pazera free audio extractor which works very well except for one problem. It will not delete the original file even though I have selected that option.  Instead, it creates another file with the identical name except that it inserts *.001 just prior to the period before the extention. 

In the past, I would go into command mode (cmd) and use the old move command to move all files     containing *.001 using wild cards to a different directory, leaving only the originals in the original directory.

I can no longer do this on my desktop running Windows 10, Version 1709, regardless of which screen reader I use.  So I am writing to inquire whether there is a utility which works in Windows 10 which will allow me to move, delete, or rename files using wild cards.

I apologize for the lengthy explanation, but it frustrates me to pose a question or request only to get a response telling me that I didn’t provide sufficient information.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Don Roberts

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.