Re: 2 Windows 10 Questions

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Hi Joe,

I am addressing only the Windows 10 sign in screen. I also get this issue, but instead of pressing random keys, I press the Escape key and it takes me to the password field. I type in my password, tab down to the OK button and am signed in.

Another problem that I experience is that Jaws will not start at the sign in screen, even though it is set to do so. I have to use the Control + Windows + Enter keystroke to open narrator to enter my password. Upon doing so, Jaws will then start normally. VFO really does have some quality control issues.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Orozco
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:30 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] 2 Windows 10 Questions

Hey guys,

I’m running Windows 10, and I’m experiencing this annoying issue at the login screen where JAWS will announce Windows Sign In but then not take me directly to the password field. I have to hit random keystrokes before JAWS will present me with the OK button and prompt me to reenter the password and gives me the password hint. I don’t know how to set it up so that JAWS will take me directly to the edit field itself. Any ideas? I’m running the latest build on both Windows
10 and JAWS 2018.

My second question: When I go to log into an intranet website on IE, I get the security alert to enter my login credentials the way I’ve always experienced, except now instead of the security screen popping up on the same window, I have to Alt Tab around until I get to the security page. I have to enter multiple layers, and if I have a few apps opened, the process can get a little cumbersome. I’m thinking there has to be a setting I can tweak somewhere. Please tell me someone else has experienced and fixed this?

Thank you kindly in advance,

Joe

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.