Re: Accessible File Explorer Alternative

Rick Alfaro

Hi Joe. Xplorer can be installed to replace File Explorer but Not sure how well that mode of operation works. From what I've read, it is even supposed to run when launching with Windows e. Perhaps someone that has it configured that way can chime in and let us know how effective it is in that mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Orozco
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:21 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Accessible File Explorer Alternative

For the moment I’m experimenting with the FileDir application Ann was kind enough to share with me. It looks great, but I didn’t realize I needed to first go to that application to make it work with my various folders and files. Will this also be true of Xplorer? I guess I was thinking I could click on the Dropbox icon and have the new application automatically kick in, completely bypassing File Explorer.
I want the process of interacting with files to be more efficient, not add another step, but if this is the logic behind File Explorer alternatives, I’ll quit my whining and get used to the bigger advantages. Thank you all so much for patiently answering my questions.

Joe

On 4/25/18, Rick Alfaro <rick.alfaro@gmail.com> wrote:
Same here. In fact, I just upgraded to the latest 4.x release. This is
the Cadillac of file managers IMHO. Completely accessible with tons of
redefinable hotkeys and now with macros as well. I haven't really
explored the new macro feature but it sounds interesting. Totally
accessible right out of the box with JFW and I would imagine with NVDA
as well as Narrator although I haven't used the program with those screen readers as of yet.