Re: laptop keys problem

Pamela Dominguez

I said in both messages that my computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad 550.  Pam.

Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] laptop keys problem

Again, not knowing which model, it’s hard to give a good answer.

If, the computer is a dell, or, Lenovo

The keystroke, FNKey+escape will allow the function keys to work normally.

I’m sure this keystroke will work on other makes and models.

Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 3:24 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] laptop keys problem

I hope somebody can help me with this.  At the moment, I am using a wireless keyboard on my Lenovo Thinkpad 550 laptop.  But if I go to use its own keyboard, some of the key commands don’t seem to register.  First of all, the function key is just to the left of the control key.  Any commands that I need to do using the function key don’t register as such.  The only keys that register are the other keys that I press along with it that are not the function key.  For instance, I can’t raise or lower the volume using the function key commands, because the only keys that register are the top keys of the comand.  Also, just recently, I have noticed, I can’t do alt f4 or control f4 and have that work.  If I do alt f4 the only key that will register is the alt, so instead of asking me if I want to shut down, it will put me in the menus, which may or may not have an exit choice.  It doesn’t matter how I press these keys; whether I press them together, or whether I press one and hold it down while I press the other, and how quickly or slowly I do it.  Can anybody tell me what I might be able to do to fix this?  I hope so.  Thanks in advance.  I sent a message to blindtech, and haven’t heard back yet.  Pam.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.