Re: laptop keys problem

Pamela Dominguez

I’m not talking about going into the volume control and doing it.  Both of my laptops had a quick way to raise and lower the volume control from where you are without having to go into the toolbar, or whatever it’s called and find the volume control and enter into it and up or down arrow to raise and lower it.  My dell laptop, you used function key page up or down.  This one, you use function key send and end, I think.  Pam.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2018 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] laptop keys problem

You can raise and lower the volume when the function key isn't pressed.  As I said yesterday, a lot of laptops these days reverse the function of the fn key.  It is on when it is not being pressed and off when you press it.  You have to reverse its setting to get it to work as it did before.  On some computers this can be done with a Windows setting.  In some, it must be done by a sighted person in the BIOS.  There may be another way you can try to change it but I'm not sure.

Gene
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2018 8:01 AM

I tried the function key escape, and it allowed me to do alt f4 without using the function key.  But I stil can’t raise or lower the volume using the function key.  So the problem seems only to be partially fixed.  Pam.