Re: tech memories

Juanita Martin <jordmartin@...>

You might want to wait till this evening to try to download from Bard. It's down for maintenance until then.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 30, 2015, at 7:05 AM, Christina Stolze <christinastolze@gmail.com> wrote:

Beth,
I am sorry but I didn't catch the name of the book. Can you please tell me the name of the book you are talking about in this email?
Best Regards,
Christina

-----Original Message-----
From: Beth [mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 7:41 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] tech memories

I wrote an introduction in which I got the memories of Apple and Echo
synthesis, but what about those of you who remember Napster? Who
remembers any of the old MP3 players from the past?
Now, I was wondering who would be privy to a book review? This is a book
review on a technological subject: the MP3 and music revolution. We all
love music, I"m sure, around here. So this book is available on Bard, so
if you have a patronage with the Talking Book service in the NLS
program, you can access this audio book. I found myself fascinated by
this book, and someone mentioned Philips. Yes, they're famous for
shavers, funny Gerald mentioned that. Anyway Philips was indeed a
conglomerate and they tried to harness what two German engineers
invented, forcing them to use a certain filtering bay. But this book
covers an entire history behind MP3 piracy, which I would have been a
victim of thanks to the RIAA, if Project Hubcap had been going on longer
than it did. I'm a confessed downloader of music, but I absolutely can't
afford music files from iTunes, and have been yelled at. By none other
than Dad, so unfortunately, piracy in its weirdest form seems to have
been the only way I can stream music. Also, this book covers what
Spotify and other subscriptions do, and we meet a lot of people who have
shaped the music industry as we know it today. Thank God, we don't need
CD's and yeah, it gets better. It was an older executive called Doug
Morris who came up with ideas for bringing in more revenue for music
artists. Anyhow, I would recommend this book to any piracy or any music
enthusiasts out there.
Enjoy if you dare,
Beth

--