Re: Question about Android phones.

Janet

Carolyn,
I don't know if anyone has answered your question, or not, but I copied and pasted below some information that might give you a better idea about 3D Touch on the iPhone.
I don't have the 3D Touch on my phone though, but I have the fingerprint option.
Janet

What is Apple's 3D Touch and how does it work?
Apple
What is Apple's 3D Touch and how does it work?
Apple's latest iPhones, from the iPhone 6S onwards excluding the iPhone SE, feature a new type of screen. They not only have different glass to older models,
but they offer new interactive levels too thanks to a technology called 3D Touch.
The iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus recognise force as well as gestures in order to offer more accurate haptic feedback. This in
turn results in apps being more accessible thanks to variations in pressure offering previews, quick swiping and more.
Press and hold Facebook and you'll get the option of searching, writing a post, uploading a photo or video, or taking a photo or video. Some apps offer
more options than others in the pop up menu, including the option to add a widget to the screen to the left of the home screen.
All of Apple's native apps support 3D Touch but there are plenty of others too so it's worth having a play.
You can also use 3D Touch to jump between apps rather than double tapping the home button. Apply a little but of pressure to the screen edge and you can
swipe across between apps.
list of 1 items
. Best 3D Touch apps for Apple iPhone
Peek and pop
Another of the features within 3D Touch is called "Peek and Pop", which allows for exactly what it suggests: peeking at selected notifications through
a pop up screen without needing to open the specific app.
Pressing and holding notifications offers a number of options depending on the which app the notification came from. For example, if a tweet, you'll be
able to retweet or like it, while an iMessage will allow you to read the message in a pop up screen and reply.
This feature explains what features Apple's 3D Touch offers and how does the technology works.
Quick access to apps from home screen
One of the great things about 3D Touch, if you can get used to using it, is quicker access to various app actions from the home screen. Not all apps offer
compatibility with 3D Touch, but there are more on board now than when 3D Touch first appeared.
Pressing and holding a compatible app's icon on home screen will pull up a menu, allowing you to perform various tasks without having to open up the app
first. For example, pressing and holding the camera app will allow you launch the selfie camera rather than main snapper, while Maps will offer the option
to mark your destination or send your location.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io