From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Net Neutrality Ending June 11

That isn't what net neutrality means.  It means that communications companies can charge different rates for different levels of streaming capacity.  It has nothing to do with what a web site does nor what the laws are regarding accessibility.  Those are completely separate questions.

Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:36 PM

You still haven't answered my question.  How does the end of net neutrality
benefit us consumers?  On the contrary, companies will be free to impose
fees to visit their sites or else make their web pages load very slowly
unless you pay a fee.  And some companies may even go so far as to interpret
the end of net neutrality as an excuse not to make their web sites
accessible to screen readers, because they believe that they will no longer
be required to provide the same access to their web sites for blind computer
users as they do for sighted users. In other words, the Internet will no
longerbe be equal or "neutral" to all.   But we still have the ADA to
protect us, right?  Maybe so, but the end of net neutrality may weaken it as
far as web site accessibility is concerned.  FCC Chairman Ajit Pai has
already made it clear that he doesn't give a sh-t what consumers, blind or
sighted alike, think.  So be careful what you wish for.

Gerald