Re: Net Neutrality Ending June 11

Mike Thomas

only the providers will want it so they can charge their customers more for select services.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carolyn Arnold" <4carolyna@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Net Neutrality Ending June 11

Why would anyone want it?

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:37 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

You still haven't answered my question. How does the end of net neutrality benefit us consumers? On the contrary, companies will be free to impose fees to visit their sites or else make their web pages load very slowly unless you pay a fee. And some companies may even go so far as to interpret the end of net neutrality as an excuse not to make their web sites accessible to screen readers, because they believe that they will no longer be required to provide the same access to their web sites for blind computer users as they do for sighted users. In other words, the Internet will no
longerbe be equal or "neutral" to all. But we still have the ADA to
protect us, right? Maybe so, but the end of net neutrality may weaken it as far as web site accessibility is concerned. FCC Chairman Ajit Pai has already made it clear that he doesn't give a sh-t what consumers, blind or sighted alike, think. So be careful what you wish for.

Gerald