Re: the sound on my computer has changed since I installed the new windows update for 1703.

Jim Rawls

Mike, I have a real tech sound card, and I went into enhancements in speakers, and the equalizer is not turned off. It’s not

that. Somehow my whole sound has changed. When I record to prepare my show for the global voice, the recording sounds different. Alas, so does the play back in music. I guess I’ll call Microsoft tomorrow, and see if they can help. I tried updating the drivers, but when I hit enter on update driver button, nothing happens, and eventually, jaws says, search for driver, update button. So, try again, and nothing happens. I’m frustrated. If I roll back the update, it is just a temporary fix, because it will come down the road again. Frown.

For now, I’ll go listen to the dodger game, and that isn’t any fun lately. Frown. Jim

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2018 10:39 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the sound on my computer has changed since I installed the new windows update for 1703.

Hi Jim,

What soundcard is your computer running?  If it's a Realtek with an equalizer, maybe the equalizer has been turned off.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2018 10:33 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] the sound on my computer has changed since I installed the new windows update for 1703.

Hi all,

Since this new update installed, my sound is different. I have less volume, and somehow my voice, when I record, or when I listen to music using win amp, is thinner somehow. What can I do to normalize things. If I roll back the update, it will come back again, so there must be some solution I can try. I am running windows ten latest update, and jaws 18. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jim,

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.