From: Gene
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] hijacking messages

Thanks for your concern to not hijack threads.

However, as I understand it, deleting the contents of a message and writing a new subject line and message body isn't adequate.  I've seen comments before that doing that doesn't remove code in messages. The unremoved code makes e-mail programs place them in the old conversation if people are viewing mail by conversation.  also, it may place the message in the old thread in the archives, thus having a completely unrelated message in that thread of the archives.

If we find out that these things don't occur, fine but unless we find out, would people please start completely new threads, sending a completely new message to the list?  If someone has problems doing so, for some reason, sending a message to the list asking about the problem will likely get effective help in resolving it.

If someone has problems doing this and needs to ask for help on the list to learn to do this, it's fine to use a message from an existing thread.

Gene
List Owner