Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>
Below are the download links and what's new in this May J2018.1805.33 release.
Enhancements in JAWS 2018.1805.33 (May 2018)
The following is a list of improvements made in JAWS 2018 between the April 2018 update and the May 2018 update.
list of 11 items
• The Liblouis braille translator used in JAWS has been updated to version 3.5 as there are several enhancements to contracted braille input and output
for several languages including French and Dutch. Note that version 3.3 is still selected by default. To switch to 3.5, open Settings center, search for
"translator", and then select Liblouis 3.5.0 from the Grade 2 Translator combo box.
• When starting JAWS over a Remote Desktop connection, resolved a reported issue where an error message was displayed about the accessibility driver not
• Addressed a reported issue with the UPS Tracking Research It lookup source not displaying information even if a valid tracking number was entered.
• Resolved a reported issue with a "Results Viewer timed out" message being displayed when attempting to use the Stock Quotes Research It lookup source.
• When using Fusion or running JAWS together with ZoomText, addressed an issue where the focus rectangle was not working correctly when reading with Say
All (INSERT+DOWN ARROW) in Outlook or Word.
• Addressed a reported issue where JAWS was unexpectedly restarting in some situations.
• Made changes requested by Foxit to enable JAWS to work with an accessible version of PhantomPDF (coming soon).
• Addressed several issues reported by Cerner Corporation including: JAWS not reading list boxes correctly in some situations, addition of JAWS settings
files for applications used by Cerner, the ability to have JAWS interrupt speech and immediately begin reading a newly open dialog box, and JAWS speaking
the control type for links twice in some applications.
• If the "Use Accessibility Driver for Screen Capture" option in Settings is cleared, resolved a reported issue where JAWS was not working correctly with
the Zoom Conference Client.
• Resolved an issue where JAWS was not reading the selected item in certain types of edit combo boxes.
• Resolved an issue where the Currency Conversion, Wikipedia, and Wiktionary Research It lookup sources were not working as expected in the German version
list of 9 items
• Resolved issues in Excel where JAWS would become sluggish after entering content into a cell, when editing a cell, or when closing Excel after entering
• Addressed reported issues with Excel where speech would unexpectedly stop working while navigating the spreadsheet or if ALT+TAB was pressed while editing
• If you move focus to a cell containing a formula, JAWS now announces if the formula contains an error along with the Excel keystroke to open the error
• Resolved sluggishness issues when using JAWS with Excel 2010.
• Resolved issues in Word where math equations and bibliography information inside table cells were not being read as expected.
• When editing an object in PowerPoint, resolved an issue where JAWS would not speak or display anything in braille as you typed.
• Resolved an issue where JAWS was not indicating focus moved to a table in Word in some instances when using the T and SHIFT+T Navigation Quick Keys.
• Resolved an issue with JAWS not reliably indicating images and text boxes inserted into a Word document.
• When pressing ENTER on an object in PowerPoint to edit, resolved an issue where you had to first press an ARROW key before JAWS would announce any text
or show it in braille.
list of 17 items
• Improved JAWS performance and stability with Firefox 60 and later.
• Addressed an issue when using ALT+DOWN ARROW and ALT+UP ARROW to expand or collapse combo boxes in Firefox 60.
• Resolved reading math content in Firefox 60.
• In Firefox 60, JAWS now properly places focus on the address bar when opening a new tab with CTRL+T.
• Performance improvements in Firefox 60 when using Say All (INSERT+DOWN ARROW).
• Resolved reading the page address in Firefox 60 with the JAWS command INSERT+A.
• In Firefox 60, JAWS now properly accesses text displayed when toggling buttons that include the aria-hidden attribute.
• JAWS focus now moves to the correct location on web pages in Firefox 60 that contain an anchor in the page address.
• Addressed issues where the about:config page was not usable with JAWS in Firefox 60. This page allows users to customize more advanced options.
• Addressed an issue for Bloomberg where JAWS was not reading live region updates in their Chat application.
• While navigating with LEFT or RIGHT ARROW in Edge, resolved an issue where JAWS was not reading buttons as expected.
• Resolved an issue in Edge where JAWS was not indicating headings or edit fields inside tables when using the JAWS table reading commands (ALT+CTRL+ARROW
keys) or the Table Layer (INSERT+SPACEBAR, T).
• Resolved an issue where extraneous speech was heard in some forms in Internet Explorer when moving focus into the first field.
• JAWS now supports editable paragraphs in Chrome.
• Addressed issues with JAWS not always correctly reading labels on date picker controls.
• Resolved an issue where JAWS was double speaking live region updates in applications that use Chrome as an embedded web browser.
• Improved JAWS responsiveness when navigating very large combo boxes.
list of 1 items
• In the Windows 10 Calculator, you can now press CTRL+INSERT+E or E CHORD from a braille display to have JAWS announce the expression in Standard, Scientific,
and Programmer modes. The expression is the portion of an on-going calculation which is not present in the results display field.
Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.