From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eleni
Vamvakari
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:56 AM
To: main <main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Seeking Computer Microphone

I am seeking a new (to me, not necessarily modern) computer microphone. My
criteria are that it works with Windows XP and 7, that it's small, portable,
doesn't require batteries, is omnidirectional with a decent range (20 feet
at minimum), and has no built-in noise cancellation. It can use either usb
2.0 or a 3.5mm jack, though I might prefer the latter, as it won't drain the
battery, and I can use it with my Logitech sound card. To put things into
perspective, right now, I use an original Samson Go Mic and a Go Mic direct.
The issue with the original is that it tends to produce static if I'm not
paying attention. If I move the Direct, even slightly, it loses the usb
connection. But when they work properly, the sound quality of these
microphones is excellent. I can't get the Go Mic Connect for my laptop,
because it's apparently huge! I have also used a wonderful ear-hook
microphone with a 3.5mm connector that came with a camera, though
unfortunately, I don't know the brand. Finally, my best friend owns both an
Iphone 4 and an SE. While the SE is obviously better in most regards, I
find that its microphone lacks the richness of the 4.
Is there any way that I can reproduce that sound on a pc? I really like it!
I found some Apple Plaintalk microphones on Ebay, though I'm not sure if
they can be used in Windows or not.

Thanks,
Eleni

--