Re: Wireless Network Questions

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Not certain, but might you have the option to automatically connect to the AP deselected? I can't remember exactly how the menu things pop up where you'd tell it to automatically reconnect upon being disconnected or getting back into range of the AP, the layout is a bit different in 10, but I do seem to remember that the option is there. I do not remember though if using the option to manually connect to an AP also requires that you reenter the key or if it only requires that once, but at least here on 10, it remembers my key and I just have to manually click the connect button when I wish to connect it. Also, you said that you need to reenter the key upon restarting the computer, but does it automatically reconnect you if for some reason the AP drops, so if the router were to lose power and then come back on? Depending on if it only does it on restarting or if it does it both on a restart and when something else causes the AP to be disconnected might point to it being more than just the option to have it automatically connect to the AP checked or not. As for what that other reason might be though, I can't say.
Tc.

On 5/31/2018 2:14 AM, Eleni Vamvakari wrote:
Every time I boot into 7, I have to reconnect to my wireless network
with my key. I went to manage wireless networks, but the list is
empty. Neither my hotspot nor my home wifi network is displayed. Can
someone please tell me what is going on and how to fix it? I have
never seen this on any other machine.

Thanks,
Eleni

Facebook: elvam2167@...