Re: Wireless Network Questions

Eleni Vamvakari

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the AP, but I have never
encountered this issue in 7. Usually, as you said, I can simply hit
connect if I'm switching from one two the other, and it connects
automatically. If I don't switch, it's still connected when I turn on
the machine. This is confusing.

On 31/05/2018, Jeremy <icu8it2@gmail.com> wrote:
Not certain, but might you have the option to automatically connect to
the AP deselected? I can't remember exactly how the menu things pop up
where you'd tell it to automatically reconnect upon being disconnected
or getting back into range of the AP, the layout is a bit different in
10, but I do seem to remember that the option is there. I do not
remember though if using the option to manually connect to an AP also
requires that you reenter the key or if it only requires that once, but
at least here on 10, it remembers my key and I just have to manually
click the connect button when I wish to connect it. Also, you said that
you need to reenter the key upon restarting the computer, but does it
automatically reconnect you if for some reason the AP drops, so if the
router were to lose power and then come back on? Depending on if it only
does it on restarting or if it does it both on a restart and when
something else causes the AP to be disconnected might point to it being
more than just the option to have it automatically connect to the AP
checked or not. As for what that other reason might be though, I can't say.
Tc.
On 5/31/2018 2:14 AM, Eleni Vamvakari wrote:
Every time I boot into 7, I have to reconnect to my wireless network
with my key. I went to manage wireless networks, but the list is
empty. Neither my hotspot nor my home wifi network is displayed. Can
someone please tell me what is going on and how to fix it? I have
never seen this on any other machine.

Thanks,
Eleni

Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com