From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eleni Vamvakari
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2018 2:46 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Wireless Network Questions

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the AP, but I have never encountered this issue in 7. Usually, as you said, I can simply hit connect if I'm switching from one two the other, and it connects automatically. If I don't switch, it's still connected when I turn on the machine. This is confusing.

On 31/05/2018, Jeremy <icu8it2@gmail.com> wrote:
Not certain, but might you have the option to automatically connect to
the AP deselected? I can't remember exactly how the menu things pop up
where you'd tell it to automatically reconnect upon being disconnected
or getting back into range of the AP, the layout is a bit different in
10, but I do seem to remember that the option is there. I do not
remember though if using the option to manually connect to an AP also
requires that you reenter the key or if it only requires that once,
but at least here on 10, it remembers my key and I just have to
manually click the connect button when I wish to connect it. Also, you
said that you need to reenter the key upon restarting the computer,
but does it automatically reconnect you if for some reason the AP
drops, so if the router were to lose power and then come back on?
Depending on if it only does it on restarting or if it does it both on
a restart and when something else causes the AP to be disconnected
might point to it being more than just the option to have it
automatically connect to the AP checked or not. As for what that other reason might be though, I can't say.
Tc.
On 5/31/2018 2:14 AM, Eleni Vamvakari wrote:
Every time I boot into 7, I have to reconnect to my wireless network
with my key. I went to manage wireless networks, but the list is
empty. Neither my hotspot nor my home wifi network is displayed.
Can someone please tell me what is going on and how to fix it? I
have never seen this on any other machine.

Thanks,
Eleni

Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167