Re: SDXC

Smiling?

Yes, it is the wrong format for either the Trek or Victor. It will come to you formatted as exFAT and needs to be formatted to FAT32 which again, either of the above players can successfully accomplish this through the menus.

Here it is how one would do this using the menus on the Victor and from what I’ve heard, very very similar with the Trek, but not having one I truly do not know. Any of you who happen to be a Trek owner and wouldn’t mind helping, feel free to write something up for the rest of us.

Using the top middle button above the number 2 key to go until you were on the opposite side from where to stream side and then press the 7 key to go into menus from there.

After you get into the menus, just press the 7 key until you get to something to the effect of

Format the SD card or something very similar.

Use your 8 key to arrow to format SD card and OK it.

I’m sure that it will ask you if you are sure and OK that as well.

Then it’ll format the card which means wipe everything that’s on the card. So don’t put anything on the card until you successfully format it

Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) cards are 32GB and less, which come formatted as FAT32.

Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) cards are 64GB and higher up to 2TB which come formatted as exFAT.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kay Malmquist
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2018 8:14 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] SDXC

Here goes another question.  I don't think I've ever had to format a card before, so, not being argumentative, just wondering why you would have to format it?  Obviously, I would, but just wondered if it is in the wrong format for the VR Trek?

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

Gratitude Advantages
"No matter what your temperament is now, gratitude will give you more patience, understanding, compassion, and kindness."

— Rhonda Byrne

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2018 9:27 AM

Seeing as others have successfully used the 512GB PNY SDXC card with their Trek, the 256GB card  will work just fine. You will most likely just need to format the card within the menus of your Trek before use.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kay Malmquist
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2018 7:22 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

That $79 one looks like a heck of a deal.  Wonder if the VR Trek would like it?

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

Gratitude Advantages
"No matter what your temperament is now, gratitude will give you more patience, understanding, compassion, and kindness."

— Rhonda Byrne

Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2018 9:08 AM

The examples given by me are yes, SDXC cards, but PNY is being discounted 25% all day on Amazon today for whatever reasons.

Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2018 6:31 AM
To:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

So?  Let me state what is probably obvious to most of you?  I assume that these are SD cards?  Thanks for any answers.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

Gratitude Advantages

— Rhonda Byrne

Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2018 7:23 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] SDXC

Amazon is having a deal today for PNY drives, there are a couple of prices and links below to give you an idea of what, but for any of you who were thinking of buying yourself some flash for your whatever device, now is a nice time.

$79.99 Deal of the Day.

PNY Elite Performance 256 GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-I, U3 up to 95 MB/Sec Flash Card (P-SDX256U395-GE)

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Elite-Performance-Speed-P-SDX256U395-GE/dp/B00WWBCS1Y/ref=sr_1_1

$35.99 Deal of the Day.

PNY Elite Performance 128 GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-I, U3 up to 95 MB/Sec Flash Card (P-SDX128U395-GE)

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Elite-Performance-Speed-P-SDX128U395-GE/dp/B00WWBCQEI/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1

$19.99 Deal of the Day (no link below, just go to Amazon)

PNY Elite Performance 64GB Flash Memory High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-I (P-SDX64U395-GE)

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.