Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 5:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Site for Purchasing Canned Goods

Is your pathmark just going under, or is it being bought out?  I know some
of them are going to be Shopright, and I forget what else other stores are
going to become.  Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Gerald Levy
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 4:10 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Yes, a lot of supermarket sites seem to be set up this way.  I can't browse
the weekly online flyer for  my local supermarket, Fine Fare (which is
anything but fine) using JAWS because it is all graphics.  And Pathmark, the
only other supermarket in my neighborhood is going out of business, which is
a shame because their online weekly store flyer was completely accessible.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 3:40 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Can anybody check out the Keyfood.com site and tell me if they can navigate
it?  I used to actually be able to browse through the different aisles with
window eyes and look at what they sell.  For a long time, though, all I
could see is advertising.  It tells you click on the left to see the foods
in the departments, but I think it's a graffic that my computer with window
eyes doesn't see.  Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Victor
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 6:30 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

I've never tried it, but the Safeway grocery chain delivers too.
However, I've heard that safeway.com is very hard for the blind to
access.  I think someone has taken legal action against the chain
because of that.

VicOn 11/3/15, Donna <mermaid7@...> wrote:
You can purchase canned goods from wal-mart.com & have them delivered to
your home. We order all of our household goods & non parishable foods from
wal-mart & have it delivered. For us it is cheaper & more convient to have
things delivered. It cost $15 one way to get to wal-mart. We take the bus to
the grocery to get meats. We bring the meats home in large backpacks. It
costs $6 to get a cab to the closest grocery. Drugstore.com is another good
website to order grocery goods from.

Donna

On Nov 3, 2015, at 2:54 PM, Gerald Levy <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

Amazon.com sells Campbells and Progresso soups by the case at very
reasonable prices, about $22 to $24 a case, which contains 12 cans.  This
works out to about $2 or less per can, which is actually less than I would
pay at my local supermarket when they are not on sale, which is most of
the time.  And Amazon has varieties of these soups that you can't find in
most supermarkets, which usually only sell your standard chicken noodle,
tomato, vegetable and minestrone soups.  Of course, if your total is at
least $35, you get free shipping.  This is the only way I buy soup now. I
can try delicious and exotic flavors that I never knew existed, and
nothing is easier to prepare.  Just pop the tab on the can, empty the
contents  into a soup bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, and you
have a simple, quick and tasty lunch.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: MamaPeach
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 2:28 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Not really considering I would have had to pay a cab to go there, which
is
$12 there and $12 back. Shipping was much cheaper than me paying $24 just
go get the stuff at the store.

-----Original Message----- From: Susan Lumpkin
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 2:04 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io