UEB Braille code and restaurant menu inaccessibility

David Mehler

Hello,

Last week I went with a group to a restaurant which I had been to
before and like going there due to their Braille menu I can choose my
own food without having to have someone read me the menu.

I discovered frankly to my consternation that they had updated their
menu and this new version used the new (well new to me) UEB Braille
code format. I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

The purpose of this email is twofold: first, to express my
consternation at this turn which has made reading menu accessibility
go down? Second, to generate discussion, opinions, and any resolutions
to this issue.

I'd prefer not to have to unlearn x years of Braille reading.

Thanks.
Dave.