From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of David
Mehler
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2018 10:07 AM
To: techtalk <techtalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] UEB Braille code and restaurant menu inaccessibility

Hello,

Last week I went with a group to a restaurant which I had been to before and
like going there due to their Braille menu I can choose my own food without
having to have someone read me the menu.

I discovered frankly to my consternation that they had updated their menu
and this new version used the new (well new to me) UEB Braille code format.
I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

The purpose of this email is twofold: first, to express my consternation at
this turn which has made reading menu accessibility go down? Second, to
generate discussion, opinions, and any resolutions to this issue.

I'd prefer not to have to unlearn x years of Braille reading.

Thanks.
Dave.