From: David Mehler
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2018 9:07 AM
To: techtalk
Subject: [TechTalk] UEB Braille code and restaurant menu inaccessibility

Hello,

Last week I went with a group to a restaurant which I had been to

before and like going there due to their Braille menu I can choose my

own food without having to have someone read me the menu.

I discovered frankly to my consternation that they had updated their

menu and this new version used the new (well new to me) UEB Braille

code format. I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

The purpose of this email is twofold: first, to express my

consternation at this turn which has made reading menu accessibility

go down? Second, to generate discussion, opinions, and any resolutions

to this issue.

I'd prefer not to have to unlearn x years of Braille reading.

Thanks.

Dave.