Re: Which is the better product; Google Home or Amazon Echo?

Chris Grabowski <skywalker@...>

The first generation echo and first/second generation echo dot has 7 far field microphones, I think the second generation echo has 8 far field microphones.
This is how they can understand you from another room, or when they are playing audio.

From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, Jun 5, 2018 3:00 PM EST
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Which is the better product; Google Home or Amazon Echo?

I don't know what is meant by seven speakers.  does that mean seven speakers you can attach or Blue Tooth speakers?  I wouldn't think it would mean having seven speakers in the unit itself.  I don't have any of these products and I don't know if the full size Echo has more features or can run more skills than the dot.  But without more information, I wouldn't make any decision based on the number of speakers listed.  No unit of the size of the Echo would have seven built-in speakers.  And if you are going to play whatever you buy through your stereo, the quality of the internal speaker is irrelevant.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf
Of
Richard Brock
Sent: 03 June 2018 20:32
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Amazon Echo?

Hello Walter,
I recommend the Amazon, Echo. You can purchase an Echo, Dot for $39
thatt will give you all its features for a very reasonable price.
You will ve able to listen to many radio stations, plus have access
to thousands of skills that are fun to interact with.
Good luck,
Rich

On 6/3/2018 1:45 PM, Walter Ramage via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi folks.  It hasn't interested me in the past but I'm toying with
the
idea
of purchasing either a Google Home or An Amazon Echo.  The problem
is, I don't know which product is the best, especially in the area
of accessibility.  My main use for the product would be radio
listening.
do
have a number of DAB radios in the house but their presets are
limited
and
it requires pressing a number of buttons to get the station required.
With
either Google or Amazon I can ask for that station to be played.
guess
other skills might be useful but I don't know all what is
available
however
I'm not interested in having it turn on and off lights since I
never use lights since I am total.  I understand that Amazon have
a much wider
range
of products but I'm not really concerned about appearance as it is
irrelevant to me.  Also I know some echoes have touch screens but
do
they
have audio feedback?  As I have said, I'm toying with the idea and
haven't
made my mind up but when I do and if I decide to make a purchase
I'd
like
have some idea of what I'm about to spend my money on.  All
comments welcome.  Walter.

--
XB

Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/