Re: UEB Braille code and restaurant menu inaccessibility

Gary Ketler

I have done something like that with a Braille writer or a slate and stylus.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Ann Parsons
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2018 8:36 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] UEB Braille code and restaurant menu inaccessibility

Hi all,

Well, well, well, I guess both chivalry and problem solving are dead.
It's a real shame too. Problem solving is so helpful!

I noticed last night when I was looking up the dollar sign on my cheat
sheet and couldn't figure out which dots were which. I went to my
handy, dandy brailleNote and wrote the symbols down till I got the one
that looked the same as the one in the book.

One does not need to have a BrailleNote or even a Perkins Brailler to
solve this problem. All you need is a scrap of paper and a slate and
stylus. Write it down, duplicate it, hello? Is anyone home?

Yes it would be easier if the dot numbers were given, but since they
aren't, you have to stretch your mind just a tiny bit. It's good for
you! People yammer on and on about physical exercise when sometimes
what is needed is mental stretching.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons