From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of brian
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2018 10:58 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] voting.

    It is the right of every voter rather to use an absentee ballit or to go out to the place and cast your vote.  I do agree that if you can you should go out and vote using the available voting technology thats is there for us to use.  If yoou do choose to vote by absentee ballit then you will have to tell somone how you want to vote and you have to trust them to vote the way that you want to vote.  They could say that did but they  did not and you would not know.  You think that you voted one way but you voted the other way.  You loose your independence in voting whear is your secret and private vote?  I am very greatful that I can finally vote in secret and private.  I do believe in being asertive in asking if and when your voting place will have accessable voting technology.  I do realise that people may not have transportation to the voting place so they might need to vote by absentee and that can't be helpt but if you can then you should go out and vote.

Brian Sackrider

On 6/4/2018 7:03 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

No, it's not an over-reaction.  I keep hearing from various blind
people that they prefer to fill out an absentee ballot.  That's a
cop-out!  That is a deliberate and flagrant turning of one's back upon
all the advocacy efforts which have gone into providing a method so
that HAVA can be implemented.  It's not perfect, but it will go
absolutely nowhere if people allow the polling assistants to help them
or if they vote successfully using the BMD and don't let their polling
people know what was wrong with the experience. This is an important
issue.  Yes, go to the polling place and vote.

Perhaps I feel strongly about this, but a discussion of the technical
aspects of the various BMD's wouldn't be amiss here.

Hmmm, if you lived fifty miles from Seneca Falls, and you grew up
learning about Fredrick Douglas and Susan B. Anthony, and if you were
a woman, or black or an immigrant, or if your grandparents were
immigrants, you might feel differently.

Ann P.

Ann P.