Re: Linux, was: Beware! Microsoft Plans to Push Windows 10 On Even More Windows 7 and 8 Systems

Victor

Everything you hav written here has been discussed on the Orca mailing
list and even many of the users there have brought up much of what you
have here.

Yes, Kendell and Kyle seem to be good guys and they always seem to be
eager to help. Sometimes they express their frustration with people
who are intimidated by the Linux operating system and those who seem
to be too lazy to read, experiment and learn.

As for which distributions are the most accessible, someone recently
asked about that on the Orca list. The general consensus seems to be
that Ubuntu 14 LTS, Sonar and Trisquel are the most accessible. But
like you, they urge people to read and experiment with different
distros as everyone has their own personal preferences.

One of the best things I can say about Vinux is that I was able to
install it myself pretty easily. I can't say that about Windows.
When your computer crashes and you can't get an IT geek to fix it for
you, being able to install an operating system yourself is a life
saver! I'd be curious to know how well the talking Windows installers
I've read about work.

VictorOn 11/5/15, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

Well said. Clonezilla,
http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/
one of the more useful pieces of Linux software in my opinion, uses
NCurses.