Re: NVDA & Eloquence

Joe Orozco

I get the security alert and then nothing. I hadn’t thought of launching it with admin privileges. Maybe that would help?

Sent from Joe's iPhone

On Jun 22, 2018, at 1:28 PM, Aman Singer <aman.singer@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Joe,

You write:

I went to try to install it on my Windows 10 system, but the executable file refuses to work.

If I may ask, what is the message or error you get when you run, or attempt to run, the nvda executable file? I have transferred quite a few portable copies of NVDA from 7 to 10 and have had minor hic-ups with the executable being blocked, but have not seen it fail completely. Also, do you still have access to the Windows 7 machine, a virtual machine of it, or a snapshotted backup?
Aman

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe Orozco
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:05 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA & Eloquence

Hi,

I previously had NVDA installed on my machine. Before jumping from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I created a portable version of it to my external hard drive. I went to try to install it on my Windows 10 system, but the executable file refuses to work. I don't mind going out and redownloading the screen reader, but I'm worried that I won't have access to the Eloquence add-on I'd previously procured. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retain the Eloquence add-on with a new installation, or does anyone have any ideas on how to make my portable copy actually work? Thank you in advance.

Joe