From: Eleni Vamvakari <elvam2167@...>
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Date: Monday, June 25, 2018 1:26
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Using Pay with Chip

I already had two issues. I originally registered using my desktop,
which is currently unavailable. So I installed the software on my
laptop. I had to use the older version, because the newer one kept
giving me an error and saying that it couldn't install. Then, when I
tried to log in, I couldn't remember my password. That, or it
wouldn't accept it. There doesn't appear to be any way to recover or
to reset it, either on their site or through the software. So I have
to either wait until I can get to my desktop, or register again with a
new e-mail address, and receive another reader, which I don't need, so
that I can use this program. I just updated Windows 7, and I am going
to check Dot Net Framework, and then try to install the newer version
of Pay with Chip. Maybe, that one will have a password recovery or
reset option. If it's on the site and I somehow missed it, please
correct me.

On 24/06/2018, Eleni Vamvakari <elvam2167@...> wrote:
Usually, I purchase Buy it Now items anyway, so this is good. But
must the seller accept credit or debit cards for this to work? Some
only work with Paypal. Also, do I need to sign into Ebay, considering
that I already have an account there?

On 24/06/2018, Joe Giovanelli <joegio100@...> wrote:
Hi,

I have successfully used Pay With Chip a couple of times without
problems.

When using this facility, payment is made using your credit card. The
card
must have an embedded chip because it is read with a card reader which
can
only read the information stored on the chip.

In the case of Ebay, the system only works with the Buy Now products. I'm
told that plans are in the works to be able to handle bids.

Amazon is another case. You must subscribe to the Amazon feature in Pay
With
Chip. It is $49 a year. I think there's a way to buy it for a month at a
time. I do not know if you must be a Prime member.

I hope I answered everything.

Joe Giovanelli