Re: Google Chrome Questions

Amy Gordon

Anyone know how to clear cookies on crome? I'm having trouble getting
captus to play so was thinking that might help. Thanks

On 7/5/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
As far as working with bookmarks is concerned, I think using a search book
marks feature is usually much more efficient. You don't have to organize
book marks if you have a lot and you want some sort of order to them and you
don't have to use first letter navigation which, depending on where
something is in a large list, may require pressing the first letter four,
six, or more times.

Firefox has a search book marks feature that is more convenient to use but
Chrome has one as well that works pretty well.

In chrome, be on the address bar.
Type some or all of what you are looking for.
If, for example, you are looking for the new york times, type something like
new york. You'll have to experiment.

A really annoying thing about the way this search works is that it often
shows the name as a web address so you don't hear the actual name. instead,
you hear the annoying http://www. and then the rest of the address.

The procedure is as follows:
Use control l both to be on the address bar or so that, even if you already
are, the material on the address bar is selected. Control l does both
things so that, no matter where you are in the program, you will then be on
the address bar and all material on it will be selected.
So it's control l. Then type what you want.
Then down arrow and see what the first result is. If it isn't what you
want, down arrow another time or two.
If you haven't found it, press escape and then control l again. Type what
you are looking for in a different variation and look down the list two or
three results, again. Repeat the procedure as many times as you want.
Remember never to press enter when doing this procedure unless you are on
the actual result you want to open in the browser.