From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2018 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Echo Devices As Local Intercom

Hi Chris,

I did a search on Alexa skills and I don't see the skill or method referenced. Someone else on the list said the skill is called drop in. I did a search under the Alexa skills section and did not see this skill listed. Is it called something else or is it something built in that you don't need to enable?

On 7/7/2018 11:27 AM, Chris Grabowski wrote:
You can use the show in this fashion. If you were connecting from show
to show, you can even see the person and they can see you.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

On Sat, 7 Jul 2018 08:28:16 -0400
"Mike Thomas" <wheeltime@...> wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure if the show allows the intercomm or not, but I know the echo dot does. It doesn't even have to be local, as I have intercomm set up with someone hundreds of miles away. The thing to do is look in your settings for each device and enable the drop in feature. It works well. You can also leave messages for a remote device by telling her to send a message to that device. Although I can't see it, there is a yellow or green light ring when you have messages pending.
Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2018 2:19 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Echo Devices As Local Intercom

Hi Group,

I think I heard somewhere that if you have more than one Echo device, you
could set them us as an intercom. I now have 2 echo devices: a show and a
dot.

Does anyone know how this intercom system could be set up?

Thanks for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"