That makes sense and I should have thought of that! Darn! Sometimes I think it makes more practical sense for a blind person, and many sighted people to just on a mobile device and use that as their primary computer. Mobile devices, especially tablets seem to be more versatile with more accessibility features than your standard Windows computer.

JMO,

Victor

On Aug 1, 2018, at 2:11 PM, Pamela Dominguez <geodom@optonline.net> wrote:

No way. You download them, but there is no player that will allow them to
be played on a computer. You have to put them on a player that is
specifically capable of playing them. They did that so they wouldn't get
out into the general public. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 4:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Listening to Bard books on a Chromebook.

Can’t you listen to Bard books on a computer? I know you can download them,
copy them to a flash drive and listen to them on the Talking Book player. I
thought I read that you can listen to them on a computer if you don’t have a
mobile device.

Victor

On Aug 1, 2018, at 1:54 PM, Rob Hudson <rob_hudson_3182@gmx.com> wrote:

Pamela Dominguez <geodom@optonline.net> wrote:
How could you listen to them on a Chrome book? Isn't that the same as
trying to listen to them on a computer, which you can't?
A chromebook isn't exactly a computer. It's sort of a weird hybrid between
a tablet and a laptop. And you can run android apps on it.