Re: comcast e-mail question

Marie <scribbles5@...>

I have a comcast account and have used the 995 port for years so it is perfectly safe to make the change.
Marie

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, August 3, 2018 11:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] comcast e-mail question

It is common for companies to switch ports in this way.  I'm not sure why but increasingly, the old standard ports aren't being used.  Try it.  The worst that can happen is that it won't work and you will have to switch back while we try to figure out why it won't work.  My provider hasn't used the old standard ports for years.