Re: How to create a dropbox share folder

Gene

Find or create the folder you want to share then, when you are at the folder, not on it, open the context menu and see what options are there.  I haven't shared folders but you are contemplating working with the site as a first option.  It is more complex and time consuming than trying my method, if it works. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to create a dropbox share folder

Ok, perhaps the word “share” is not the correct term. Some time ago a friend  created a folder and it appears in my dropbox as well. When he copies stuff to that folder on his pc it gets uploaded and downloaded into that folder on my pc, and when I copy files to the folder on my pc it uploads and downloads into his dropbox subfolder, so it is not necessary for him to create a link and email every time. I want to do this between me and another friend but I do not know how to do this. It sounds that the suggestion to log into dropbox and do the process might be the correct way.
Regards
Fanus

Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:23 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I don't share folders in Drop Box.  I'm not sure what you want to do.  If you create a folder and share it with one person, than as far as I know that person can put material in the folder as well.  If the person creates a folder and shares it with you, it works the same way, as far as I know.  It doesn't matter who creates and shares the folder. 

Gene
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 3:54 AM

Hello Gene
Thanks for the info. Yes, I want to create a folder where I can put files to share with a specific person. What must that person do to create a similar folder so that only me and him can share files which are copied to that folder?
Regards
Fanus

Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 5:28 PM

I may have answered the wrong question as well.  I was discussing how to share a folder.  I'm not sure if you want to know how to share a folder or how to create one to share. 

How do you create a folder in general.  Do the same thing after you open Drop Box and are in the files and folders list.  It's the same interface except for a few more drop box items in the context menu. 

Gene
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 10:01 AM

It just occurred to me upon rereading your message that I answered the wrong question. TO create a folder, open Dropbox from the link that's presumably on the Desktop in Windows, or in the Home Screen folder on Mac OS, and create a new  directory in the standard way--File/New/Folder on Windows, Command+Shift+N on Mac OS.

On 8/8/2018 6:06 AM, Fanus wrote:
Hello listers
Can someone please explain the steps for creating a dropbox folder which I can use to share its contents with a specific person? I looked through the menus but I can not find an option to create such a folder.
Regards
Fanus

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.