Re: Chrome shortcut keys?

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi John,

See if this helps:
From the link below you can also get more information by clicking the links
below the keystrokes on the website, the links aren't in this message.

All other shortcuts

Note: If you're using a Windows or Mac keyboard, use the Windows key or
Command key (Mac) in place of the Search key.

Tabs and windows

table with 2 columns and 24 rows
Open a new window
Ctrl + n
Open a new window in incognito mode
Ctrl + Shift + n
Open a new tab
Ctrl + t
Open a file in the browser
Ctrl + o
Close the current tab
Ctrl + w
Close the current window
Ctrl + Shift  + w
Reopen the last tab or window you closed
Ctrl + Shift + t
Go to tabs 1-8 in the window
Ctrl + 1 through Ctrl + 8
Go to the last tab in the window
Ctrl + 9
Go to the next tab in the window
Ctrl + Tab
Go to the previous tab in the window
Ctrl + Shift + Tab
Switch quickly between windows
Press & hold Alt, tap Tab until you get to the window you want to open, then
release.
Open the window you used least recently
Press & hold Alt + Shift, tap Tab until you get to the window you want to
open, then release.
Go to previous page in your browsing history
Alt + left arrow
Go to the next page in your browsing history
Alt + right arrow
Open the link in a new tab in the background
Press Ctrl and click a link
Open the link in a new tab and switch to the new tab
Press Ctrl + Shift and click a link
Open the link in a new window
Press Shift and click a link
Open the link in the tab
Drag the link to the tab's address bar
Open the link in a new tab
Drag the link to a blank area on the tab strip
Open the webpage in a new tab
Type a web address (URL) in the address bar, then press Alt + Enter
Return the tab to its original position
While dragging the tab, press Esc
Dock a window on the left
Alt + [
Dock a window on the right
Alt + ]
table end

Page & web browser

table with 2 columns and 29 rows
Page up
Alt or Search and up arrow
Page down
Alt or Search and down arrow
Scroll down the web page
Space bar
Go to top of page
Ctrl + Alt and up arrow
Go to bottom of page
Ctrl + Alt and down arrow
Print your current page
Ctrl + p
Save your current page
Ctrl + s
Reload your current page
Ctrl + r
Reload your current page without using cached content
Ctrl + Shift + r
Zoom in on the page
Ctrl and +
Zoom out on the page
Ctrl and -
Reset zoom level
Ctrl + 0
Stop the loading of your current page
Esc
Right-click a link
Press Alt and click a link
Open the link in a new tab in the background
Press Ctrl and click a link
Save the link as a bookmark
Drag link to bookmarks bar
Save your current webpage as a bookmark
Ctrl + d
Save all open pages in your current window as bookmarks in a new folder
Ctrl + Shift + d
Search the current page
Ctrl + f
Go to the next match for your search
Ctrl + g or Enter
Go to the previous match for your search
Ctrl + Shift + g or Shift + Enter
Perform a Google search
Ctrl + k or Ctrl + e
Add www. and .com to your input in the address bar, then open the page
Ctrl + Enter
View page source
Ctrl + u
Show or hide the Developer Tools panel
Ctrl + Shift + i
Show or hide the DOM Inspector
Ctrl + Shift + j
Show or hide the bookmarks bar
Ctrl + Shift + b
Open the History page
Ctrl + h
Open the Downloads page
Ctrl + j
table end

System & display settings

table with 2 columns and 13 rows
Open the Files app
Alt + Shift + m
Preview a file in the Files app
Select the file, then press Space
Display hidden files in the Files app
Ctrl + .
Open the status area (where your account picture appears)
Shift + Alt + s
Click icons 1-8 on your shelf
Alt + 1 through Alt + 8
Click the last icon on your shelf
Alt + 9
Use F keys (F1 to F12)
Search  + 1 through Search + =
See your notifications
Alt + Shift + n
Change screen resolution
Ctrl + Shift and + or -
Reset screen resolution to default
Ctrl + Shift + 0
Rotate screen 90 degrees
Ctrl + Shift +
Refresh
Switch to the next user
Ctrl + Alt + .
Switch to the previous user
Ctrl + Alt + ,
table end

Text editing

table with 2 columns and 23 rows
Turn Caps Lock on or off
Alt + Search
Select everything on the page
Ctrl + a
Select the content in the address bar
Ctrl + L or Alt + d
Select the next word or letter
Ctrl + Shift and right arrow
Select text to the end of the line
Shift + Search and right arrow
Select text to the beginning of the line
Shift + Search and left arrow
Select previous word or letter
Ctrl + Shift and left arrow
Move to the end of the next word
Ctrl and right arrow
Move to the start of the previous word
Ctrl and left arrow
Go to end of document
Ctrl + Search and right arrow
Go to beginning of document
Ctrl + Search and left arrow
Copy selected content to the clipboard
Ctrl + c
Paste content from the clipboard
Ctrl + v
Paste content from the clipboard as plain text
Ctrl + Shift + v
Cut
Ctrl + x
Delete the previous word
Ctrl + Backspace
Delete the next letter (forward delete)
Alt + Backspace
Undo your last action
Ctrl + z
Redo your last action
Ctrl + Shift + z
Switch between the keyboard languages you've set. Learn
how to choose your keyboard language.
Ctrl + Shift + Space
Switch to the previous keyboard language you were using. Learn
how to choose your keyboard language.
Ctrl + Space
Dim keyboard (for backlit keyboards only)
Alt +
Decrease brightness
Make keyboard brighter (for backlit keyboards only)
Alt +
Increase brightness
table end

Accessibility

Learn how to make your Chromebook accessible.

table with 2 columns and 12 rows
Turn ChromeVox (spoken feedback) on or off
Ctrl + Alt + z
Turn on high contrast mode
Shift + Search + h
Highlight the launcher button on your shelf
Shift + Alt + L
Highlight the next item on your shelf
Shift + Alt + L, then Tab or right arrow
Highlight the previous item on your shelf
Shift + Alt + L, then Shift + Tab or left arrow
Open the highlighted button on your shelf
Shift + Alt + L, then Space or Enter
Remove the highlight from a button on your shelf
Shift + Alt + L, then Esc
Switch focus between:
list of 6 items
Status area (where your account picture appears)
Launcher
Address bar
Bookmarks bar (if visible)
The webpage that's open
Downloads bar (if visible)
list end
Ctrl +
 or Ctrl +
Highlight the bookmarks bar (if shown)
Alt + Shift + b
Highlight the row with the address bar
Shift + Alt + t
Open right-click menu for highlighted item
Shift + Search +
Increase volume
Use shortcuts on a braille keyboard
See braille keyboard shortcuts