Re: Jaws and dating sites

I understand what you're saying. You've been fortunate with what you
are doing. I think a lot of that might be due to the fact you are a
man. Women are nurturers and I won't get started about how men can get
preferential treatement when it comes to working.
When I went to set up my first profile I did my pictures first and got
a lot of attention/likes. I didn't disclose I was blind and would talk
to the guys ... after a while when it came to discussing possibly
meeting I mentioned that I was blind. I had a couple of guys keep
talking, but the rest ghosted on me.
When I set up my account on OKC I made sure it was in my profile. I
didn't get as many responses as I had when I didn't mention that I was
blind, but the few that did didn't see it as a problem. I guess it may
be the line I had where I mentioned that I would need someone up for
the challenge dating me would present. I dunno I thought it clever. I
personally try to think of stuff I need to do as a challenge to figure
out how to get it done rather than something to over come.
I'm constantly making jokes, I used to do this before I lost my sight,
but since then it gave me more material.. I make sure that the people
I'm talking to know full well that I am capable of whatever I am
doing, not just dating or whatever, before I pull out the stupid
jokes. I'm a bit of a goofball.... so if someone says "do you see
this over here?" I'll answer with no ... what's it look like? Or if a
trainer is demostrating an exercise I'll ask them to do it again. It
also works if they ask the group if they know what an exercise is and
I say no, please show me.... I save that one for the hard exercises
though--most people are my friends and are prepared when it comes to
my sense of humor.
I always like when someone informs me I'm blind. I like to act really
shocked and say ... nooo? really??

On 8/8/18, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@...> wrote:
Unfortunately this can be the case, which is why I never disclose that I'm
blind on dating profiles, job applications, etc. Try taking this fact out of
your profile and letting somebody get to know you a bit. You might be
pleasantly surprised. Not everybody is turned off by blindness.