Re: Installing batteries in hearing aids.

Jim Rawls

Gerald, I just tried to sign up for the hearing aid list and the message bounced back as undeliverable. Has the address changed? Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2018 9:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Installing batteries in hearing aids.

Barb, what size batteries do your hearing aids use? I can tell you from
personal experience that it can sometimes be difficult to install smaller
size batteries like size 312 and size 10 without damaging the fragile and
delicate battery door. Larger size 13 and 675 batteries are generally
easier to insert into the battery door by touch because the door is larger
and more robustly designed. I suggest that you ask your audiologist to show
you the proper technique for inserting a battery into the battery door and
removing it for replacement. I also invite you to join the Blind Hearing
Aid Users email list, one of whose members is a blind audiologist who may be
able to offer suggestions for dealing with your battery handling issue. To
subscribe, send a blank message to:

blindhearingaidusers+subscribe@groups.io

Gerald