Re: Wi-Fi without internet service.

Dave Mitchel

I would have better luck geting service from canada than from seattle. the Olympic Mountains are blocking signals here.

From: Mary Otten
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Wi-Fi without internet service.

I'm in a good-sized town, but I'm not in a great location for getting over the air signals, due to trees and hills. But I can get what I want via a streaming service, or even 2 of them, for less than what AT&T is now charging after they raised the roof on my supposed 2-year pricing deal. We have to pay ridiculous charges for internet too, since, unlike the lucky folks back East, there is no competition for monopoly Comcast internet out here. It is amazing how their prices go down when they face real competition, but that's another thread.

Mary

I’m way out in the sticks and absolutely no antenna will do anything out here. otherwise I would get unwire in a heartbeat.