From: Marie
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 5:02 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What happened

I'm with Carlos and only 3 lists, one of which is near death. How can you
get anything else done?? I'm retired and don't have time for all those
lists!
Marie

From: "Robin Frost" <robini71@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 03:23:13 -0400

Hi,
Awww Stan's just a wee babe I've got him beat I now have 44
filters set up
at the gmail website to handle the different addresses of
blindness related
email lists.
I'm a detail chaser and like to be in the know so I'm willing to
sift
through the riffraff to mine for treasured gold of wisdom gained
or the
chance to be a help to someone.
Robin

From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@iol.ie
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 23:23:06 +0100

Rajmund,
What myou may consider unnecessary, may be considered needful by
the
poster
who believes that they are in urgent need of help, or where the
problem
being written about is a difficult one to solve unless or until
one has
sought differing perspectives on how it might be solved. (Think
of how
it
was with a kernel32 error preventing a program from running Easy
enough
fix when you know the answer to it which fits tyour symtpoms
precisely.
But
if you don't know, you can't run this program on which your
happiness
with
your computer depends. .) And you may nopt be able to describe
the
situation
accurately enough yourself.

From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, 31 August 2015 10:34 pm

Hi,
For me, the worst nightmare is when someone cross-posts the same
message
multiple lists (I did ask people on the lists I moderate to not
cross-post,
or if they have to do that, either use BCC or ask the mods
first).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: Donald L. Roberts <donald.roberts99@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, 31 August 2015 9:31 pm

Although I am still subscribed, I got very frustrated with the
moderation
and sometimes the lack thereof. I very much dislike the fact
that there
are
more and more persons on Blindtech who are cross posting all
over the
place.
It is not unusual to see the same message no fewer than five or
six times
on
various lists. And I hope that those cross posts do not show up
here.
This
prompts a question. Is there a utility which will somehow
delete cross
posted messages? Setting up filters to do this would be a huge
undertaking.

Don Roberts

On 8/31/2015 12:47 PM, Carlos wrote:

Welcome to the list Cristsbal. Indeed it is active. We
currently have
about 98 members.

LOL let's just say that I had a difference of opinion in the art
of list
management with the owner/moderators of BlindTech.