Re: Amazon Echo Show And Loss Of Blue Tooth Connectivity

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

After consulting with Chris G. from Mystic Access, I found the solution to my problem.  People would do well to save this for future reference--particularly if you are using an Echo device and do not have a smart phone.

With the echo Show, you can do most things on the web interface, but one thing you cannot do is to search for a paring Blue Tooth device.  You must either use the smart phone app or the device itself.  Using the device itself involves using touch gestures for the screen.  You can start by asking Alexa to go to settings. Once there you use the touch gesture: one finger to highlight the blue tooth  item then double tap  and then once it is exposed, highlight the name of the device you need to pair and double tap to complete the paring.  I am very clumsy with touch gestures, but once explained, it only took a few minutes for me to pair the proper device.

On 9/6/2018 2:30 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

A few weeks ago, I started having issue with conflicts between by Amazon Echo Show built in Blue Tooth and the Blue tooth for my Victor Reader Stream II and it's Evantech Blue Tooth external device.  Some how when I would connect the Victor to the Evantech, the Echo Show would also connect.  I was told on this or another list to go into the settings online (I don't have a smart phone) and disable the Evantech under settings/blue tooth/devices.  I did this, but with some difficulty.  I couldn't get rid of the Evantech without getting rid of the Sharkk Wireless Speaker which I used for both the Victor and the Echo Show.  When I tried re enabling the Sharkk Wireless Speaker, the Echo Show is unable to locate the device.  I tried this under settings/blue tooth/pair a new device.  It simply isn't seeing the device any longer.  Before the issue of the conflict, the 3 devices: echo, Victor and Evantech had been playing nicely together with no problems. I was on the phone with Amazon support for over an hour and they have no clue.  The Victor Reader and the Evantech still work together perfectly.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"