problem with e-mail client

Vicki W

This morning while going through my e-mail with Outlook Express, the electricity went off for a split second and turned off the computer.

It restarted just fine, but when opening the e-mail, I discovered that I could receive e-mail but I could not delete e-mail messages unless I used the shift delete to permanently delete them.

I did a system restore which didn't work and then disabled my antivirus program and did it again, and I still cannot delete messages without permanently deleting them.

Below is the error message I received when I did the system restore.

What could be causing this, and what is the fix?

Error Message:

System Restore could not access a file. This is probably because an anti-virus
program is running on the computer. Temporarily disable your antivirus program and
retry System Restore.
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070005)
You can try System Restore again and choose a different restore point.  If you
continue to see this error, you can try an advanced recovery method. For more
information, see What is Recovery?