Re: Chat subgrou for Tech Talk

Juanita Martin <jordmartin@...>

On another list I belong to, there's off topic weekend where we can discuss andy and everything from Friday evening until Sunday evening.  We just put otw in the subject line and go from there.  I sent a message about this to the BT list owner and he never commented on it.  We might try something like that here.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 1, 2015, at 7:29 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

That is a good thought and may be a reasonable compromise Gene.  I new there were good reasons why I invited you.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Chat subgrou for Tech Talk

Another advantage is that if a topic turns into too much chat after starting out as a technology topic, you, Carlos can ask that it be taken to the chat list and it can be done without causing problems or resentment.  On the blindtech list, when the owner or moderators asked that something be taken off list, it was an absurd request and was tantamount to closing the thread.  Where was the thread supposed to go?  No provision was available.  That caused needless resentment.  I suggested in the past that Blindtech have a chat group associated with it but the owner and moderators refused to consider the idea.

Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 6:08 PM

This is definitely a good idea.

Barb