Re: Chicken Nugget Twitter Client

Mohamed

It's under account settings, labeled as "Number of items per buffer to cache in database (0 to disable caching, blank for unlimited)". Leave this blank and it'll cache an unlimited number of items per buffer in a database named cache.db.

On 9/14/2018 5:01 PM, Cristóbal wrote:
Where is this data base setting? I poked around in TW Blue and didn't find it. That or I'm just not aware on where or how to find it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mohamed
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 1:34 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Chicken Nugget Twitter Client

Regarding the database error, I've found it much more helpful to just not use that function unfortunately. The TWBlue developer never really gave that feature much attention, which is why it's not enabled by default, and it tends to cause heavy RAM usage, at least on my machine.

On 9/13/2018 9:42 PM, Sadam Ahmed wrote:
Agree with Hope.

Any developer worth anything would put through the required changes,
as people have invested in his product and it would be the right thing
to do.

Not really surprised though, even when approaching him for support
before Twitter implemented the current API shake up, it would take him
days to reply to email query, if he even bothered.

When he did write back, it was always with a certain arrogance.

On 9/14/2018 8:42 AM, Hope Williamson via Groups.Io wrote:
Well first of all it's ridiculous that the CN developer isn't going
to follow through on what he said. Secondly I think both TWBlue and
Open Tween have advantages and disadvantages.

I'm not a huge fan of the OT interface. I guess that's just
because I've been using stuff like TWBlue, CN, and even the Qube for
years and can't get used to it. TWBlue has this weird issue where it
will mute everything else that comes in, but not your search
timelines. This is very annoying! Not only that but it tends to do
the whole there are errors with the database thing at least daily.

On 9/13/2018 11:37 AM, Joe Orozco wrote:
What are people's preferences between TW Blue or OpenTween?--Joe

On 9/11/18, Mohamed <malhajamy@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, he did say that, but it seems he's abandoned that idea for now.

On 9/10/2018 7:07 PM, Hope Williamson via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi, I could be wrong and it could be just me, but I thought he
said he was going to release a final version? As in to take care
of the Twitter changes.

On 9/10/2018 10:27 AM, Cristóbal wrote:
If you're not already logged in and authorized with CN, then
you're more or less out of luck and will have to either go with
TW Blue or OpenTween for Windows PC. This is due to Twitter's API
changes last month and the CN dev announcing that he'd no longer
be updating the client do to those new changes.