Re: Screen reader or keyboard reading trouble?

Gene

I see, from looking at your original message again, that you don't hear anything when you move by letter.  So you needn't answer that question.  but see if anything changes if you do the music experiment.  If that doesn't help, then I may not have further suggestions.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Screen reader or keyboard reading trouble?

I want to be sure we understand the problem.  when you use the left or right arrow keys, do you hear the letter spoken fully even if there is a pause?  Or do you only hear part of the letter?  How about moving by word, the whole word or only part of the word.

As a test, try the following:
Start some music playing, some soft music so you can hear speech well.  Then see if you get better results when you move by character and word.  also, see if you get bettter results when you use insert s.  Though the problem doesn't sound like it is connected with this, I want to try to determine whether some sort of audio enhancement isn't causing the problem.

Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 9:32 PM

Hi Mike, I am using Eloquence.

I am sorry to say that after reading your message, I maximized the screen, but still got no verbal feedback for either the Jaws key with S or Jaws with the number row 2.

However, thank you for trying!

Sincerely, Vicky

I tried again after your message