Re: Learning the Phoenetic Alphabet

Ron Canazzi

Hi Mike and Group,

The phonetics you site are used by the military and amateur radio services. I am almost sure that there is actually a separate set of phonetics used by civilian authorities and private airlines.  I don't remember a lot of them, but they are something like:

able

baker

Charles

dog

Edward

but I'm guessing at a lot of them so I'll stop here.

On 9/23/2018 9:38 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Here you go:

The 26 code words in the NATO phonetic alphabet are assigned to the 26 letters of the English alphabet in
alphabetical order as follows:
 Alfa
 Bravo
 Charlie