Re: Firefox freezes and unuseable

Nancy Shackelford

Have latest Frefox and have restarted numerous times. Latest version
of NVDA. Only addons I have are ETI Elloquence and Tripletalk addon.
Happens with JAWS 2018 as well.

Thanks,

Nance

Hi Nancy,

With NVDA, which version are you using? We discovered that the initial
release of NVDA 2018.3 had a bug which caused Firefox to crash, but we
released NVDA 2018.3.1 the next day which resolved that issue.

If you have updated, two things to check:

Firstly, have you restarted the computer after updating either NVDA or
Firefox?
Secondly, if you try restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled (press NVDA+Q
then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" and press ENTER) see if
that helps - if it does, let us know which add-ons you are using.

Otherwise, if you could send me a copy of your log to info@...,
I'd be happy to have a look (press NVDA+F1, then control+a to select all,
then open an email to me and control+v to paste the log.

Kind regards

Quentin.