Re: external hard drives

Steve Matzura

How much space does that $70 external drive have? How much space does what your mother wants to back up take up? If she compresses her pictures directory with something like Win-RAR or 7Zip, that should save some space. Unfortunately that doesn't happen with music, as it is already compressed.

Hello, I am trying to find an external hard drive for my mom. She needs to back her pc up, put all her thousands of thousand photos and now she wants to put her music library on the drive.

So wanted to know if 70 dollars is a good price for wd drives? They say it is the old version but it looks like the knew version, woe!

Cheers Heather