Blindy.tv is closing October 1st

Blaster

I just received this e-mail from blindy.tv, it looks like there going
to close for good on October 1st.

Here's the e-mail:

Good Bye from Blindy.TV
All good things must come to an end, and so it is with Blindy.TV. Due
to the accelerating degradation of our broadcast automation, and the
lack of time and interest, on our part, to rebuild from scratch,
Blindy.TV streams have been failing with increasing frequency over the
last year. We've attempted to keep the service running with some
temporary workarounds, but even those are failing. Therefore, it has
been decided to officially retire the Blindy.TV service as of
10/01/2018, at 12:00 AM eastern US time, after nearly six years
online.
As many of you will have noticed, over the last year, our streams have
been failing with increasing frequency. This has been caused by
problems with our broadcast automation software and OS rot on the
servers running the automation, streams, and web site. The only way to
fix everything, at this point, would be to rebuild, and the truth is
that there isn't sufficient time or interest to undertake such a
large project.
Thank you to everyone that listened and spread the word about
Blindy.TV. The goal of this project was to raise awareness of, and
stimulate demand for, audio description. The audio description world
in 2018 is very different from the world of 2012, when work first
started on Blindy.TV. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and the iTunes
Store, all offer content for streaming or purchase that includes
audio description. Audio description is also slightly more common on
broadcast and paid TV in North America than it was in 2012. We
encourage you to support the availability of audio description by
financially supporting the distributors that bring it to you.
For additional audio TV streams, we highly suggest Banana Vision
(bananavision.tv), which will be the new home for some of the content
previously broadcast on Blindy.TV.
Over the life of Blindy.TV, we've deliberately been evasive about who
was behind Blindy.TV. However, no ending would be complete without
credits, therefore, here are some, but by no means all, of the
volunteers that brought you Blindy.TV. The original idea for Blindy.TV
was inspired by Rebecca Loomis. Creation of the Blindy.TV service,
including the web site, the broadcast automation, imaging, and
editing of thousands of hours of content, was brought to you by Bryan
Smart. Additional IDs and imaging was thanks to Patrick Perdue, Jason
Meddaugh, and Clarence Griffin. Our chief archivist/acquirer of new
content was Katy Todd, with significant help from Mike Wassel.
Additional content and production elements were provided by Andre
Louis. Blindy.TV would not have been possible without significant
content contributions from a certain Living Audio archive, and a
certain lounge, which will remain anonymous, but nevertheless have our
thanks. Finally, thank you to all of the Blindy.TV listene rs that
contacted us with words of encouragement.
Bryan Smart