Re: Hot key.

Smiling?

Here is what the very same internet that you use yourself, found for me to
share with you which hopefully answers your question. All that you truly
have to do is ask the internet and the answers will come guaranteed.
Practice makes perfect something I know you've heard before, but if we do
not ever practice, we will not get any better.

Hotkeys are keyboard shortcuts that save time and effort. A number of them
are built into Windows as well as into various applications and they are the
subject of many of the tips in this section. Windows also has a feature that
makes it possible to assign your own custom hotkeys to an application,
folder, or file so that it can be opened with a minimum of effort.

There are two ways for designating a hotkey in Windows. One uses a
combination of two of the so-called modifier keys Ctrl, Alt, and Shift
together with one other key. The other method uses a single key, one of
function keys F1 to F12 or a key from the numeric pad. This second method
uses keys that often have other functions and must be assigned with care to
avoid conflicts.

The usual way to set up a hotkey is with the default combination "Ctrl + Alt
+ (key)" where (key) is another of the standard keyboard keys. Certain keys
such as Esc, Ins, Del, Enter, Tab, Spacebar, PrtScn, Shift, or Backspace
keys are not allowed as the third key but punctuation keys, arrow keys,
Home, Page Down and others are allowed as well as the usual letters and
numbers.

The Ctrl + Alt combination is automatically applied by Windows in the method
given here but other combinations using two of the three modifier keys Ctrl,
Alt, and Shift are also possible.

There is a small catch. Windows does not apply hotkeys to a file or folder
directly but only works with a shortcut file for the desired target. For
applications that are listed in All Programs, a shortcut file already
exists. For other files or folders, a shortcut file for the object in
question will have to be created if one does not already exist. The shortcut
file must be placed in either the All Programs list or on the Desktop or a
folder on the Desktop.

How to assign a hotkey to an application
1.Open the Start menu
2.Find the application in the All Programs menu
3.Right-click the desired program file and choose "Properties"
4.In the Properties dialog, find the text box labeled "Shortcut key"
5.Click in the text box and enter a key that you wish to use in your hotkey.
Windows will automatically place "Ctrl + Alt +" in front. If you choose a
function key or a numeric keypad key, only that key will be used and "Ctrl +
Alt +" will not be added.
6.Click "OK"

How to assign a hotkey to a folder or file not in the All Programs menu
1.Create a shortcut file by right-click dragging the desired target file or
folder to the Desktop (or to a folder on the Desktop) and choose "Create
shortcuts here" from the right-click menu. (You can also use "Send to" but
that will be covered in an upcoming tip.) You must create the shortcut
exactly where you intend to keep it. If you create the shortcut one place
and then move it, the hotkey won't work,
2.Right-click the new shortcut file and choose "Properties"
3.Carry out steps 4-6 given above.

I have used this tip on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. I've also heard
that it also works just fine in Windows 2000 just haven't ever used it.

Oh, I was thinking of hot keys? How are they created?

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn